INTERNAL MEDICINE & CARDIOLOGY CHECK-UP
Today, a healthy lifestyle is more and more important. Prevention and timely diagnosis of diseases requiring treatment play an increasingly important role and awareness of health care is growing.
- Evaluation of the your questionnaire and detailed interview about your medical history.
- Blood analysis including all relevant blood tests such as blood count, liver- and kidney function tests, thyroidal hormones, blood sugar etc.. Tumor markers and vitamins are optional extras.
- Detailed physical examination
- X-ray investigation of the lungs (digital x-ray): If necessary
- Holter ECG / Holter blood pressure measurement: If necessary
- ECG at rest and exercise
- Echocardiography of the heart (3D-digital ultrasound-examination)
- Lung function test (spirometry): If necessary
- Optional test of your physical fitness (Cardiopulmonary Exercise Test CPET)
- Transcutaneous measurement of the oxygen saturation
- Abdomen ultrasound (liver, kidneys, pancreas, spleen, aorta, bladder etc.)
- Thyroid ultrasound
- Detailed final consultation with your doctor and written final report with recommendations concerning prevention and treatment
Extended Vascular Check-up (in addition to Basic Check-up):
- Ultrasound examination (colour duplex sonography) of the carotid arteries (vessels supplying the brain): evaluation of your stroke risk
- Ultrasound examination (colour duplex sonography) of the arteries of the legs: e. g. in case of reduced walking distances
In many countries endoscopic capacity cannot currently satisfy the growing demand for colonoscopies and gastroscopies. Regular colonoscopies every seven to ten years can prevent up to 90% of all fatal colorectal cancers! These endoscopies are being performed in deep sedation, so you don´t notice the examination.
- Colonoscopy:- Resection of intestinal polyps, if required, plus histological examination, if necessary
- Gastroscopy:- Including histological examination of 2 biopsies
Further investigations such as radiological tests (CT-scans, MRIs, scintigraphies, angiograms etc.), cardiac catheterization or pacemaker implantations can be organized in good time in our partner hospital Clínica Rotger in Palma de Mallorca.